Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ben Frost

In researching and gathering inspiration for the Condom Tin Design Competition, I decided to look into the artwork of Ben Frost, one of the 3 judges for the competition.

I was very drawn to and interested in what I found.





Sydney artist Ben Frost is most well known for his confronting and often controversial Pop Art paintings. Using a 'collage' style of unlikely juxtapositions, his dynamic paintings are complex mash-ups of popular culture that savagely critique our media and advertising obsessed society.

I am keen to go with a Pop Art style for my condom tin design.

I will keep you all "posted"!





2 comments:

  1. I really love his work, it draws me in to keep looking for things I recognise then I see something that's amazing & I have to keep looking. I think it is the comforting feeling of knowing these childhood characters but then the crazyness of adulthood rears it's head and a sort of morbid interest in the pervertion takes over.
    To see my designs I submitted go to http://robynrand.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this link Susie, I'll look into Ben Frost's work a little more.

    ReplyDelete