Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hats!?

What hat are you wearing today? Is it your Mum hat, your Dad hat, your work hat, your student hat, your teacher hat, your happy hat, your friend hat, your sister or brother hat, your Auntie or Uncle hat? The list is probably endless and everybody's hat list will be different. How many different hats have you had on today? Many of us have different roles to juggle every day of our lives. Some of us don't even realise the change of hats, for some, our heads are spinning from the change of hats in each day! It can be a real challenge to juggle these hats!

In this blog I shall try to limit my hats, peel off the stubborn hats, chuck out the negative hats, shelve the comfortable hats, save the favourites for another time and focus on my Graphic Design Student Hat! Sometimes though, some of the hats I have juggled during the early morning, during the day, or from evening, may sneak their way into this blog, as these hats may effect the way I think or feel and how I may express myself. Usually I go with something just to get a start whether I like the idea or not and see where it takes me or where I can take it or if it actually develops a life of its own and I do love those happy accidents in design. If all else fails, I shelve it overnight and look at it differently the next day or so. Graphic Design is definitely a process.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely know what you mean, although I am glad I don't have as many hats as you yet =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisdom, I prefer my thinking hat!

    ReplyDelete